Registered Mental Health Intern
• Desire and ability to work with young children in a school setting.
• Master’s Degree from accredited college/university
• Registered Intern with the Florida Department of Health in Marriage and Family Therapy,
Mental Health Counseling and/or Clinical Social Work (provide registered intern number
with resume)/or currently pursuing this status.
• Professional liability insurance with minimum limits of $1,000,000 per incident/$3,000,000
• Availability to begin work August 1, 2018.
• Provide individual and group counseling to students.
• Lead classroom education as needed.
• Assist with school and personal crisis on campus.
• Understand and support the mission of LCS (See www.lcsfl.com)
• Learn and use TherapyNotes for all documentation needs including Intake, Treatment Plans
• and Progress Notes.
• Administer and document client assessments.
• Regularly meet with LCS Clinical Supervisor, Program Supervisor and other LCS staff
• members as needed.
• Attend LCS staff meetings and monthly LCS educational group.
This is a 10-month position with Lutheran Counseling Services (LCS) beginning August 1, 2018. LCS has been operating the School Counseling Program for the past four years in multiple private schools across the Orlando area. Compensation is $21 per hour. Clinical supervision for the program hours will be provided by an LCS Florida qualified supervisor. The registered intern will also have the opportunity to see individual clients at LCS and various satellite locations in the area.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, proof of insurance, registered intern number (or intent regarding registered intern status) and three professional reference names with contact information to email@example.com. Only applications received via e-mail will be accepted.